Clinic and in-home services: 11890 SW 8th Suite 208. Miami, FL 33184. PH: 305 290 0622.
Alejandro Toro MS OTR/L- Clinical Director
Alejandro received his Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from Florida International University in Miami and his Bachelor's degree in Interdisciplinary Studies with emphasis in the areas of Health Service Administration and emergency Management from the University of Central Florida. Since graduation, Alejandro has had the opportunity to work in multiple pediatric settings including outpatient, acute care rehab, burn unit, foster homes, and within school settings in the Central and South Florida areas. Alejandro has worked with clients with diagnosis including sensory processing disorders, autism spectrum, Down syndrome, feeding difficulties, developmental delay, learning and behavioral disabilities. Alejandro strongly believes in using a holistic approach in caring for children and their families. He works closely with pediatricians, speech therapists, physical therapists, teachers, psychologists, nutritionists, and other childcare professionals.
Recently, Alejandro has completed extensive post-graduate advanced training/certification with an emphasis in the following areas:
- MNRI® Anatomy and Neurophysiology Basis for MNRI. Orlando, FL. July 2018. Svetlana Masgutova Educational Institute MNRI®
- Vision Therapy: The impact of Vision Problems on Development, Learning, Behavior, and the rehabilitation process, Manhattan, New York Dec 2017.
- 1st International Children Congress -Function and Disability. Medellin, Colombia. Nov 2017
- Rhythmic Movement Training 1 & 2 (Reflex Integration). Brooklyn, NY 2017.
- Complex Feeding Issues: Sensory, Motor & Behavior techniques for Autism, Cerebral Palsy & other Developmental Delays. PESI Rehab. New York 2017.
- MNRI® Reflex Integration: Maximizing Brain Potential 2016.
- MNRI® Tactile Integration 2016.
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy-Understanding and Treatment 2016.
- Neuroplasticity for Children-Brain Based Interventions. Cross Country Education 2016.
- MNRI® Dynamic and Postural Reflex Pattern Integration
- The Masgutova Neurosensorimotor Reflex Integration - MNRI ® Method 2015.
- Reflex Integration to Support Education and Developmental Exercise Programme. Institute for Neuro-Physiological Psychology (INPP)2015.
- Upper Limb Prosthetic Rehab. South Beach Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Micro-Current Point Stimulation. Acumed Medical. Orlando, Florida
- DIR/Floortime Competencies. Miami, Florida
- Non- Medication Treatment for ADHD, ADD, and the Immature Brain. PESI, Miami, Fl
- Practical Sense in Sensory Integration. Therapeeds, Inc. Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Successful Strategies for Self-Regulation. Practical Sense in SI part 2 . Therapeeds, Inc. Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Handwriting Without Tears. Miami, Florida.
- Executive Functions: Focus, Emotional Control, Motivation, and Social Intelligence. PESI. Miami, Florida.
Alejandro Toro Occupational Therapist